Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leaving my teenage years behind

So now I know I'm a terrible blogger. I didn't realize it's been a month since I've sat down at my computer to do this...this is actually the first time I've turned on my computer in about a week (no lie). Things have been pretty busy here at WDW as spring breaks have made our numbers skyrocket in the past weeks. To put it into perspective, the Nemo ride had a 45 minute wait yesterday. Our average wait in past weeks has been 5 to 15 minutes tops. Needless to say we've been working pretty hard over at the Seas. That little fish is pretty stinkin' popular.

Nothing too terribly exciting has happened outside of the everyday magic we make at WDW. With ESPN the Weekend came visits from some ESPN personalities and athletes who came through with their families. I recognized a few of them, but the boys at the Seas were much more excited than the girls.

Two weekends ago, I was paid a visit by Catherine and the parental units to celebrate my 20th birthday. We had a pretty stellar time playing in the parks. I'm pretty sure it was the first time we've ever been in the parks on a family member's actual birthday, and we got to stay at a new resort with our inaugural stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've definitely got a new addition to my favorite WDW resorts list. Here's some pictures from our trip.

Cupcake for breakfast. Best was to start a birthday, no?

Tusker House Daisy. Best character interaction ever. Period. I'm serious. Plus, it's not very often that you get to see Daisy in an area specific costume, let alone at a breakfast buffet.

The cake that my wonderful family ordered for me for birthday dinner at the Brown Derby. The cake was delicious, and even better was the company that designed it. Thanks so much for everything family. Wouldn't be here without you. Love you all from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment