Thursday, March 18, 2010

Practicing my Afritude!

So I previously mentioned how much we adored our first time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We love it so much that I think it deserves its own post, and given how I sometimes forget to blog, that's a pretty big deal in my book. In my opinion, AKL has some of the best theming of any WDW resort, and the attention to detail is extraordinary, even for a WDW resort. I might go so far as to say it's my current favorite resort. We stayed in the Kidani Village section, which holds many of the Vacation Club Villas. It truly is beautiful, and I would seriously consider moving in if possible. It's pretty heavily influenced by The Lion King, and many of the details in the room come from imagery from the Broadway musical version, which greater increased my love for the resort. Here's some pictures.

The master bed. The carvings above the bed show Simba and Nala.

The back of the kitchen table chairs, which show Mufasa's face from the logo of the musical.

The carvings on the armoire that held the TV. Amazing detail.

How many other places in the world will you have a Lion King mural above the bathtub?

Most rooms at Kidani have a balcony from which you can see the savannah that is in the middle of AKL. There are many different types of animals living in the savannah. Here's some more pictures.

The view from our room.

How we spent a majority of our time in the room.

Oh hey Mr. Giraffe. And an ostrich.

Zebras. NBD.

A cute little animal whose name I cannot recall.

We absolutely adored AKL. I would definitely put it near the top of my wish list of resorts when visiting WDW. We loved the animals, the accommodations, and of course, the Afritude (their word, not ours). Hooray for the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

No comments:

Post a Comment